Step 1: Build Yocto Project-Based Image
- Option A: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies layer
- Integrates all OS level dependencies for Intel® TCC Tools into a Yocto Project image.
- Is sufficient if you already have knowledge about the cache-related bottlenecks in your application and do not plan to invest in a deeper analysis, or want to use your own profiling tools.
- Option B: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies layer and Intel® VTune™ Profiler layer
- Contains Option A components, plus support for Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler offers deep analysis of platform performance counters and events.
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler will need to be installed on your host system before building the image.
Option A: Intel® TCC Tools Dependencies Layer
- In the BSP instructions, certain steps prompt you to choose an option or decide whether you need a component. Some of these steps, listed below, are mandatory for Intel® TCC Tools:
- In “Prepare to Build the Yocto Project*-based Image,” make sure to integrate bmap-tools and TSN Reference Software.
- In “Integrate Proprietary Components,” make sure to complete all steps needed to integrate RTCM and install Intel® TCC Tools dependencies layer.
- In “Build the Yocto Project*-based Image,” make sure to select “Option B: Full image with real-time (RT) kernel as default boot image.”