Dual Ethernet network mode
Single Ethernet network mode
Router (if not yet using private network)
Number of networks
DHCP/DNS service provider
ESC Host device
ESC Host device on corporate network?
Pre-Setup for Target Device
- Open the BIOS Setup/Configuration.Different systems may have different keys to access the Boot menu (i.e.,F2,F7,F10, orF12).
- Enable the Network Stack or Network PXE.As mentioned earlier, in the above BIOS menu, options may vary as per the vendor and model. So, find the Boot or Advanced Configuration tab and select ENABLED for the LAN/Network Stack or Network PXE or Network Boot.
- Make sure to set the following items toDisabled:
Some BIOS may require a 'save-and-exit' before the new settings appear.
- Secure Boot
- Fast Boot
- Quiet Boot
- Platform Trust Technology (PTT) (to disable Secure Boot)
- Make sure that any one of the boot options is set to PXE Boot.If you cannot see any Network Boot options in the boot sequence menu even after enabling the Network Boot option, then save all changes and exit the BIOS. Restart the PC and enter the BIOS menu again. The new Network Boot option should now be displayed in the boot sequence menu.
- Save and exit the BIOS.
- The PC will now give you an option for PXE Network Boot. Select this option.Once the PXE menu loads, selectESC_BareMetal_Profileusing the arrow keys or by pressing1followed byEnter. This will start the BareMetal provisioning process.