Create Virtual Machine with New Template
Step 1: Go to Configure > Virtual Machines
- Click onConfigurein the top menu and selectVirtual Machines.In theVirtual Machinesscreen under theVM Instancestab, you will see a list of existing virtual machines, their status, OS type and version, resources, and available actions. You can also search for a specific virtual machine.If there are no virtual machines in the host machine, theVirtual Machinesscreen displays a message and shortcut for adding Virtual Machines.
Step 2: Add Virtual Machine with new Virtual Machine Template
- In theVirtual Machinesscreen under theVM Instancestab, click onAdd Virtual Machine.
- Name the virtual machine. Do not use spaces or special characters.Click onNext.
- If you do not find a suitable template in the list, you may create a new one by going toClick here to add a new VM templateat the bottom of the screen. However, doing this will take you out of the creation flow.
- A pop up will appear. Click onProceedto confirm navigation.
- After creating a new VM Template, you will see a notification indicating that the template has been created. The new template will be displayed on theAdd Virtual Machinescreen.
- Once the new VM Template is created, click onAdd Virtual Machinein theVM Instancestab on theVirtual Machinespage.
- Name the Virtual Machine. Do not use spaces or special characters.
- Click onNext.
- You will see System Information and Virtual Machine Templates. You can view the System Information by toggling theShow Host Machine Resource Utilizationoption.
- Select the VM template you created in the previous steps.
- Click onNext.
- In the next screen you can choose to install an Edge Software Package on a Virtual Machine. Select from the list of packages uploaded on to the Host machine.Edge Software Packages are not available for installation or not supported on IDV enabled Virtual Machines, ISO image based templates, and Windows templates.
- Click onNext.In this screen, you can review details for the virtual machine that is being created and go back to make changes if needed.
- Click onInstall.
- Click onClosefor the installation to proceed in the background.You will see a notification letting you know a new virtual machine is configured. The installation will proceed in the background and you will be able to see the progress in the Virtual Machines screen.