Create Virtual Machine with Existing Template
Step 1: Go to Configure > Virtual Machines
- Click onConfigurein the top menu and selectVirtual Machines.In theVirtual Machinesscreen you will see a list of existing virtual machines, their status, OS type and version, resources, and available actions. You can also search for a specific virtual machine.If there are no virtual machines in the host machine, theVirtual Machinesscreen displays a message and shortcut for adding Virtual Machines.
Step 2: Add Virtual Machine
- In the Virtual Machines screen, selectVM Instancestab, and click onAdd Virtual Machine.
- Name the virtual machine. Do not use spaces or special characters.
- Click onNext.
- You will see the System Information and Virtual Machine Templates. You can view the System Information by toggling theShow Host Machine Resource Utilizationoption.
- Select one of the existing Virtual Machine Templates. In this example, we're selectingUbuntu Desktop. If you are selecting the Default template for the first time, you will have to set the credentials.If you do not find a suitable template, you can create a new one, but doing this will take you out of the creation flow. If you still want to continue creating a new VM template, go toClick here to add a new VM templateat the bottom of the screen. You will be redirected to theVM Templatestab under theVirtual Machinespage. Follow the steps mentioned in the Add Virtual Machine Templates section to create a new VM template.
- Click onNext.
- In the next screen you can choose to install the Edge Software Package on a virtual machine. Select from the list of packages uploaded onto the Host machine.Edge Software Packages are not available for installation or not supported on VDI enabled Virtual Machines, ISO image based templates, and Windows templates.
- Click onNext.In this screen, you can review details for the virtual machine that is being created and go back to make changes if needed.
- Click onInstall.
- Click onClosefor the installation to proceed in the background.You will see a notification letting you know a new virtual machine was configured. The installation will proceed in the background and you will be able to see the progress in the Virtual Machines screen.Once installation is complete, the virtual machine will be powered on automatically. Use theActionsshortcuts to manage the virtual machine and access its console.