Add BareMetal Edge Node
Step 1: Configure BareMetal Provisioning
- For BareMetal Provisioning Configuration, select theSettingstab in theConnect to an Edge nodescreen and then click onConfigure.
- You will see a list of Image files displayed on the screen. Select any one of the Image files.
- Click onNext.Enter the Hostname, Username, and Password.
- Click onNext.If you want to enable IDV, choose theEnableoption.The IDV feature should be enabled on the Host machine before it can be enabled here on the BareMetal.
- Click onNext.SelectYesif you want to deploy the workload. Else, chooseNo.When theYesoption is selected, only those workload templates that can be deployed onto the BareMetal, based on the entered configurations, will be shown. Choose the workload template by clicking on theSelectbutton.You can also create a new workload template if you do not find a suitable one by clicking onClick hereas shown in the below image. But doing this will take you out of the configuration flow.
- Click onNext. In this screen, you can review details for the BareMetal Provisioning Configuration and go back to previous steps to make changes, if needed.
- Click onConfigure.
- You will see a notification indicating that the BareMetal has been configured.
- Once BareMetal is configured, boot up the target device in PXE Boot and select ESC_BareMetal_Profile from the PXE boot menu. This will start the OS installation process. For detailed steps regarding target device setup, refer to Pre-Setup for Target Device.
- Once the OS installation process is started, the target device will register itself on ESC and it will be listed under theConnection Pendingtab. ClickView logsif you want to follow the ESC installation of the target device on theConnection Pendingtab.
- Once the OS installation process is completed, the target device will reboot and be onboarded automatically.
- After the target device is onboarded, it will be displayed underConnection Completetab.