Add and Connect to an Edge Node
Step 1: Go to Deploy > Connect to an Edge Node Click on
Step 2: Add and Connect to an Edge Node
- In theConnect to an Edge Nodescreen under theConnection Pendingtab, click onAdd Edge Node.
- Name the Edge Node. Do not use spaces or special characters.
- You can select theEnableorDisableoptions for the IDV feature andDisablefor the Remote Power Cycle Configurations.The IDV feature should be enabled on the Host machine before it can be enabled here on the BareMetal.
- Click onNext.
- You will see a set of instructions to connect an edge node in the note section, and commands for deploying an edge agent, which must be executed on the device that needs to be connected.
- Follow the steps mentioned on the screen to install the certificates on the edge node being connected.
- By executing the command given on the device to be connected, you can install the edge agent on your remote Docker environment. As mentioned, reboot the device after installation of agent.
- Click onBack. You will see the newly added device under theConnection Completetab.