Install Edge Insights for Industrial
- Prepare your target system.
- Copy the package.
- Complete the installation steps.
Step 1: Prepare the Target System
- Use an imaging application to create a bootable flash drive.
- Power off your target system, insert the USB drive, and power on the system.If the target system doesn’t boot from the USB drive, change the boot priority in the system BIOS.
- Power down your target system and remove the USB drive.
- Power up the target system. You will see Ubuntu* Linux is successfully installed.
- Log on as the root user:su root
Step 2: Download and Copy the Edge Insights for Industrial .zip File to the Target System
- Copyedge_insights_industrial.zipfrom the developer workstation to the Home directory on your target system. You can use a USB flash drive to copy the file. The icon looks like this:
Step 3: Extract the Edge Insights for Industrial Software
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection.
- Open a new terminal.
- Extract the package:unzip edge_insights_industrial.zipIf you download the file more than once, each download beyond the first is appended by a number.
- (Optional) Use the link in thereadmefile to open this Get Started Guide on the target system for an easy way to copy and paste commands.
Step 4 (Optional): Configure your Installation
- Edge Insights for Industrial
- dev_mode:This key sets your installation mode. Set the key value as ‘True’ to enable developer mode and ‘False’ to enable Production mode.
- Production mode (Default):Security and encryption are enabled. Commonly used for deployment.
- Development mode:Security and encryption are disabled, easing integration and testing of User Defined Applications. Commonly used during evaluation and development.
- remove_previous_eii:Set this key value as ‘true’ if you want to remove the already existing containers of Edge Insights for Industrial previous installation.
- default_use_case:If you have downloaded the full Video Analytics + Time Series Edge Insights for Industrial package, you can set the type of use case you want to install using this key value as below:
- video-timeseries:Includes modules for video and timeseries, i.e., the full use-case.
- video:Includes only video modules and adds databases for storing images and metadata of analytics results.
- time-series:Includes modules for time-series data ingestion, storage and analytics.
- etcdroot_password:Updates the etcdroot password credential.
- influxdb_username:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration.xml file contains InfluxDBConnector module. Set the username credential value.
- influxdb_password:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration xml file contains InfluxDBConnector module. Set the password credential value.
- webvisualizer_username:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration.xml file contains WebVisualizer module. Set the username credential value.
- webvisualizer_password:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration.xml file contains WebVisualizer module. Set the password credential value
- minio_access_key:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration.xml file contains ImageStore module. Set the access key credential value
- minio_secret_key:If the downloaded edgesoftware_configuration.xml file contains ImageStore module. Set the secret key credential value
Step 5: Install the Edge Insights for Industrial Software
- Run these commands:cd edge_insights_industrial/ chmod 775 edgesoftware ./edgesoftware installIf you encounter any Docker* pull-related issues during the installation process, refer to theTroubleshootingsection at the end of this document.
- Type the product key at the prompt:
Applicable Use Case
Defect Detection Demo
Video Analytics and Time series
- Go toedge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_<version>/manageability/where<version>indicates the downloaded version of Edge Insights for Industrial.
- Refer to the steps inREADME.mdfor manual installation of manageability component.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection during the full installation. If you lose Internet connectivity at any time, the installation might fail.
- If theeii installercomponent fails to install after running the./edgesoftware installcommand, check the running containers list usingdocker pscommand and check the logs of the failing containers to find out why they are failing. Mostly services like InfluxDBConnector, Grafana, Imagestore, etc., fail if the port is already used by other process on the host m/c as EII uses dockerhostnetwork. Please make sure to free up that port and re-run the./edgesoftware installcommand or follow the steps below:
- Go toedge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_<version>/IEdgeInsights/buildwhere<version>indicates the downloaded version of Edge Insights for Industrial.
- Runsudo sg docker -c docker-compose up -dcommand to relaunch services.
- Please check this Docker site article to help determine the exact pull limit that’s applicable on the system where you are trying to pull the publicly available Docker hub images, such as Docker, Python, etc.This limit is only applicable for the 6-hour window.