Defect Detection Demo
- How to start Edge Insights for Industrial
- How to visualize the results of the demo application
- How the application works at a high level
How it Works
- A missing component. In the following illustration, PCB #1, on the left, is missing a component. PCB #2, on the right, shows the component in place:
- A component short: In the following illustration, PCB #1, on the left, has two solder joints connected that should not be connected, resulting in a short. PCB #2, on the right, shows the correct solder:
Step 1: Start the Edge Insights for Industrial Containers
- Run the Edge Insights for Industrial:xhost + cd $HOME/edge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_<version>/IEdgeInsights/build sudo sg docker -c 'docker-compose up -d'where<version>indicates the downloaded version of Edge Insights for Industrial.Success is indicated by a screen similar to:In addition, the visualizer displays an image that displays metadata and a separate window that shows the PCB image with the defects outlined by red boxes:If the Visualizer UI does not show up and you notice the errorcouldn't connect to display ":0"after running the commanddocker logs -f ia_visualizer, check the value of theDISPLAYenvironment variable on the host machine. Use the command:env | grep DISPLAYSet the value for theDISPLAYenvironment variable in the ia_visualizer service in theHOME/edge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_<version>/IEdgeInsights/build/docker-compose.ymlfile. Then bring up the ia_visualizer UI with the command:docker-compose up ia_visualizerFor example,$ env | grep DISPLAY DISPLAY=:1Set=:1as theDISPLAYenvironment value in the ia_visualizer service in thedocker-compose.ymlfile.
- Verify the containers are running:docker psThe result looks similar to:The following table describes the contents of the screen.Note that<version>indicates the downloaded version of Edge Insights for Industrial.Image Column ContentDescriptionia_video_ingestion:<version>Ingests video frames from a video source, like a video file or camera, using the GStreamer* pipeline. Data, consisting of a frame and metadata, is published to the message bus.ia_video_analytics:<version>Use OpenVINO™ on the data to perform inference. The data are received from the video ingestion and new data is published to the message bus.ia_visualizer:<version>Use a Python-based visualizer to display the frame sent by video analytics.ia_etcd:<version>etcd* provides endpoint configurations to establish the message bus and configuration of Edge Insights for Industrial containers.ia_etcd_ui:<version>Web user interface for etcd* configurations.
- Check the log files to verify the data pipeline in Edge Insights for Industrial is working correctly:sudo docker logs -f ia_video_analytics
- Press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to stop the log file.
Step 2: Stop the Edge Insights for Industrial Containers
- Stop the Edge Insights for Industrial containers:cd $HOME/edge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_<version>/IEdgeInsights/build sudo sg docker -c `docker-compose down`where<version>indicates the downloaded version of Edge Insights for Industrial.