The Intel® Dynamic Application Loader (Intel® DAL) Pack tool is used to:
- Package and sign Java* applet files. The Pack tool accepts ajefffile and a configuration file, and appends the manifest and policy section to the beginning of the file. Afterwards (unless the production flag is set) it signs it with a debug key and produces the final package, which can be uploaded to the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) or Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (Intel® TXE) firmware to run on the virtual machine.
- Package and sign Admin Command Packages (ACPs).
- Extract manifest information from an existing signed package.
- Get the Platform ID (PID) of the current machine - supported beginning with Intel® ME 9.5, including CHV and Intel Atom® SoC (formerly codenamed Bay Trail-I).
- Get the access control value for a specificjeff- supported beginning with Intel ME 11.0.
Beginning with Release 1.16, the Pack tool can work as a stand-alone tool, if the following conditions are met:
- ConfigurationLibrary.jaris included in thePackTooldirectory.
- jeffp.jaris included in either thePackTooldirectory or underDALsdk\Plugins\Eclipse.
- bhc.exe(Intel DAL compiler) for each Intel DAL generation is included in either thePackTooldirectory or underDALsdk\Platform\<PLATFORM>\ PlatformTools\BhcTool.
- dal.jarfor each DAL generation is included in either thePackTooldirectory or underDALsdk\Platform\<PLATFORM>\ PlatformTools.