Establishing a Performance Baseline
- SelectProject > Properties. The project property pages window appears.
- ForOptimization, selectMinimum sizefrom the dropdown list.
- For, selectNo.
- Select.ForEnable C99 Support, selectYes.
- Select.ForFloating Point Model, selectFast (/fp:fast).The/fp:fastoption sets the compiler to aggressively optimize floating point arithmetic operations. Using the/fp:preciseor/fp:strictoptions may limit opportunities for auto vectorization.
- Rebuild the project, then run the executable (Debug > Start Without Debugging). Record the execution time reported in the output. This is the baseline against which subsequent improvements will be measured.