Threading Perspective from Command Line
- Collect performance metrics and find candidates for parallelizing using aSurveyanalysis.
- Annotatemanually loops/functions to model parallelization for.
- Model parallel design options and estimate speedup for the annotated loops using aSuitabilityanalysis.
- Check for loop-carrieddependenciesto make sure the loops/functions are safe to parallelize.
- Run the Survey analysis.advisor --collect=survey --project-dir=./advi_results -- ./myApplication
- Run the Characterization analysis to collect trip counts and FLOP data.advisor --collect=tripcounts --project-dir=./advi_results --flop -- ./myApplication
- View the Survey report to identify candidates for parallelization. For example, run the following command to print the report in command line:advisor --report=survey --project-dir=<project-dir>Consider analyzing loops/functions with high total time.
- Run the Suitability analysis to model threading for the annotated loops/functions:advisor --collect=suitability --project-dir=./advi_results -- ./myApplication
- Run the Dependencies analysis to check for loop-carried dependencies in the annotated loops:advisor --collect=dependencies --project-dir=./advi_results -- ./myApplication
Collect data about floating-point and integer operations, memory traffic, and mask utilization metrics for AVX-512 platforms.
Enable advanced collection of call stack data.
Mark all potential reductions with a specific diagnostic.