Offload Modeling Perspective from GUI
- In the graphical-user interface (GUI): Create a project and specify an analysis target and target options.
- Select a baseline device from the drop-down. This is the device that your application runs on for the Intel® Advisor to collect performance data.
- To analyze an application running on a CPU (for example, C, C++, or Fortran), make sureCPUis selected.
- To analyze an application running on a GPU (for example, DPC++, OpenMP target, OpenCL), select theGPUbaseline device.If you select GPU, make sure theGPU Profilingcheckbox is enabled under Survey, Characterization, and Performance Modeling analyses.
- Configure the perspective and set analysis properties, depending on desired results.
The higher accuracy value you choose, the higher runtime overhead is added to your application. TheOverheadindicator shows the overhead for the selected configuration. For theCustomaccuracy, the overhead is calculated automatically for the selected analyses and properties.By default, accuracy is set toLow. See Offload Modeling Accuracy Presets for more details.
- Select a collection accuracy level with analysis properties preset for a specific result:
- Low: Model your application performance for a target device and get the basic low-confidence information about potential speed-up and performance.
- Medium: Model your application performance and data transfers between host and target devices.
- High: Model your application performance, data transfers, and memory objects attribution to improve offload modeling accuracy. For application running on CPU, analyze loop-carried dependencies.
- Select the analyses and properties manually to adjust the perspective flow to your needs. The accuracy level is set toCustom.
- Select a target platform from theTarget Platform Modeldrop-down. This is a platform that the Intel Advisor models your application performance on. The following target platforms are available:PlatformDeviceGen11 GT2Intel® Iris® Plus graphicsXeLP Max 96Intel® Iris® XeMAX graphicsXeLP GT2Intel® Iris® XegraphicsGen9 GT2Intel® HD Graphics 530Gen9 GT3eIntel® Iris® Graphics 550Gen9 GT4eIntel® Iris® Pro Graphics 580
- ClickRunto run the perspective.While the perspective is running, you can do the following in theAnalysis Workflowtab:
After you run theOffload Modelingperspective, the collected Survey data becomes available for all other perspectives. If you switch to another perspective, you can skip the Survey step and run only perspective-specific analyses.
- Control the perspective execution:
- Stop data collection and see the already collected data: Click the button.
- Pause data collection: Click the button.
- Cancel data collection and discard the collected data: Click the button.
- Expand an analysis with to control the analysis execution:
- Pause the analysis: Click the button.
- Stop the currently running analysis and start the next analysis selected: Click the button.
- Interrupt execution of all selected analyses and see the already collected data: Click the button.
advisor --collect=offload --project-dir=./advi_results -- ./myApplication
advisor --collect=offload --gpu --project-dir=./advi_results -- ./myApplication