Intel real-time technology supports new solutions that require a high degree of coordination, both within and across networked devices. Intel® Time Coordinated Computing (Intel® TCC)-enabled processors deliver optimal compute and time performance for real-time applications 1. Using integrated or discrete Ethernet controllers featuring IEEE 802.1 Time Sensitive Networking (TSN), these processors can power complex real-time systems.
Enable Real-Time Use Cases
Oil & Gas
Utilities & Water
Time sensitive networking (TSN) refers to a collection of IEEE standards, specifications and capabilities based on standard Ethernet networks to support time-sensitive applications and supports precision time synchronization, timeliness for data delivery, and traffic scheduling.
Secure and reliable delivery of data
Guaranteed latency for data delivery
Converged networks save operating costs
Simplifies system configuration and operation
- 1-3 integrated Ethernet TSN controllers
- Enable ultra-reliable low-latency communication (URLLC) machine-to-machine communication up to 2.5Gbps/port speeds
- Supports coexistence of hard real-time operational technology (OT) and soft real-time information technology traffic in a single network, reducing infrastructure cost
- Simplify board design with integrated Ethernet controllers; less power consumption, smaller form factor, bill of material cost saving
- Streamline software development with open standard reference software
Supported Ethernet TSN standards
- IEEE 802.1AS Generalized Precision Time Protocol
- IEEE 802.1Qbv Time-aware Shaper
- IEEE 802.1Qav Credit-based Shaper
- IEEE 802.1Qbu Frame Preemption
Time Synchronization provides hardware capabilities to achieve precise time synchronization and eliminate the need for software-based synchronization and associated adverse effects caused by the OS. Coordinate various clocks found in individual IP blocks, such as CPU, PCIe, network, audio, and more.
Timeliness provides hardware capabilities that minimize the latency of data packets from one IP block to another. Allocate critical resources, such as cache, for real-time applications. Prioritize I/O, such as PCIe traffic.
Benefits of Intel® Time Coordinated Computing (Intel® TCC) and Intel® TCC Tools:
Enable reliable worst-case execution time (WCET) I/O within compute node.
Speed time to market and reduce total cost of ownership with simple tuning.
Easily scale from Intel Atom® x6000E Series processors (code named Elkhart Lake) and 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (code named Tiger Lake UP3) to next gen with Intel® TCC.
Maximize efficiency by aggregating time-critical and non-time-constrained applications onto a single board.
Product and Performance Information
Intel® technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at https://www.intel.com.