Summary of Key Changes
- We have migrated our pre-sales support tool, Intel® Premier Support, onto a new cloud-based platform providing you with an improved interface.
- All products except Intel® Software Development Products, Intel® Software Development Platforms, or products registered through the Intel® Registration Center have migrated to the new cloud-based platform.
- Initially, all open cases* and all cases closed in the last 30 days have been migrated.
- Intel® Software Development Products, Intel® Software Development Platforms, or products registered through the Intel® Registration Center will remain on Intel® Premier Support Legacy through the Intel® Business Portal, and will migrate to the new cloud-based platform at a later date.
Key Changes to Visibility
- As part of the objective to improve response time to you, our customers, we also transformed our internal business processes.
- This includes a change in the visibility of your cases (previously known as issues) within your account.
- In the new platform, product support is granted at the account level rather than the contact level, therefore cases are visible to all the contacts in your company that have access to the tool.
- This change reduces the time for you to gain product support, and helps to ensure a faster resolution to your issue.
What do the Visibility Changes Impact?
- All approved products are visible to all Intel® Premier Support active contacts in your company.
- Your account cases are visible to all the contacts in your company who have access to the tool.
- If you need to limit visibility, create the case within a new feature called Premier Support Project, which limits the visibility to only those contacts who are associated with the project. Please note that existing collaboration teams have migrated into Intel® Premier Support Cloud as a project.
If you have concerns about your case visibility, please contact your Intel® Representative.
Product Naming Changes
For Datacenter, Embedded/IoT, and Client Computing products, we use codenames for nearly all products throughout their lifetime. Consequently, you now will submit cases against platform codenames or product codenames.
Previously, in Intel® Premier Support Legacy, we had up to seven ‘products’ you had to obtain access to and then select from. Now, you pick only one. This simplifies the product selection, and there is no need to obtain access to new products when names change or additional SKUs are added. You may still search for official product names (e.g., E3800), and you will then be directed to the applicable codename product.
If you don’t know the codename, you should see a suggestion when you search in the product field or you can search for the product on ark.intel.com.
Look for a Related Products box on the right side, and then click Products formerly (product name).
Embedded/IoT Software Cases
Moving forward, when you submit Embedded/ IoT software cases (like graphics drivers, BIOS, etc.), they are merged under hardware products as categories.
To file cases against these software components, you must select the physical product first, then select the relevant category/sub-category (e.g. select Skylake CPU then Software/Driver/OS ->HDGraphics).