Making It Easier to Deliver Competitive and Secure1 Servers for Critical Infrastructure, Government, and Financial Institutions
As security threats continue to evolve and increase, security IT officers are driving for a holistic and expanded view to protect their critical infrastructure. This includes protecting the server all the way down to the firmware at the lowest layers of the platform, where threats are most difficult to detect. While technologies exist to protect the higher layers of the infrastructure stack, system IT users need assurance that the underlying platform launching these security technologies can be trusted.
As hackers seek new ways to infiltrate servers, the lower layers of the platform, where threats are most difficult to detect become a more common target. To address this, Intel has developed the Intel® Data Center Block with Firmware Resilience Server Block. Featuring Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience technology, this preconfigured, validated server system enables platform security starting in the factory through power-on, system boot, OS load, and beyond¹. With this oﬀering, customers can protect firmware from being intercepted, detect firmware corruption, and automatically restore a system if malware is detected. The ability to correct firmware corruptions is a new and innovative capability, and an ideal solution for security-sensitive industries including government, financial institutions, and critical infrastructure.
Intel is simplifying adoption of this technology through fully-validated, configure-to-order systems featuring security-optimized Intel® Xeon® processor, Intel® Server Boards, Intel® Server Chassis, and multiple upgrade options to provide a solution that customers can deploy quickly and with confidence.
- Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience technology protects, detects critical firmware during boot and runtime attacks
- Select from three security-optimized CPUs to optimize the system for your needs:
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2680Rv4 (35M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 14 core)
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697Rv4 (45M Cache, 2.30 GHz, 18 core)
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2698Rv4 (50M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 20 core)
- Intel 2U chassis with hot-swappable 8 x 2.5” drive trays, 1100W PSU
- Intel® Server Board S2600WTTCR
- 16GB memory included; 1600/1866/2133/2400MHZ, DDR4, UDIMM
- TPM 2.0 included down on board
- Intel® Remote Management Module 4 Lite 2 (AXXRMM4LITE2)
- Multiple upgrade options available for additional system customization:
- Intel® Integrated RAID Modules options
- Intel® I/O Expansion Module options
- Intel® SSD drives (up to 8 Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series)
- Additional memory (up to 1.54TB)
- RFID antenna cable for protect-in-transit feature
Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience Technology
Protects critical firmware during boot and runtime from attacks. In the unlikely case malware is detected, Intel® PFR will perform a recovery to a gold image.
This feature of Intel® PFR allows customers to lock and unlock systems while in transit, protecting firmware from changes during shipment.
Intel® Transparent Supply Chain with Platform Certificate
Creates transparency in the supply chain to prevent counterfeit components from being used.
Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
Intel® Trusted Execution Technology with TPM enables attestation of the authenticity of the UEFI Firmware and its operating system.
Intel® Transparent Supply Chain
Secure your business and manage risk end-to-end in the supply chain with the Intel® Transparent Supply Chain – a set of policies and procedures implemented at Intel’s factories enabling end users to validate where and when every component of an Intel® Server Board was manufactured.
|2U PFR Server Block||Components||Description|
|Configure a system designed for your needs. Choose from three security-optimized processors and a variety of upgrade options.||Board||Intel® Server Board S2600WTTCR|
|CPU (select from three options)||Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2680Rv4 (35M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 14 core)
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697Rv4 (45M Cache, 2.30 GHz, 18 core)
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2698Rv4 (50M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 20 core)
|Chassis||Intel® Server Chassis R200WT family; 2U chassis with 8 hot-swappable 2.5” drive trays, 1100W PSU|
|Memory||16GB included with option for up to 1.54TB; 1600/1866/2133/2400MHZ, DDR4, UDIMM|
|Advanced Remote Management||Intel® Remote Management Module 4 Lite 2 (AXXRMM4LITE2) included down on-board|
|Security||TPM 2.0 included down on-board|
|Storage (optional)||Up to 8 x Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series|
|Accessories (optional)||RFID Antenna cable for protect-in-transit feature|