Footnotes for performance claims
1. “The new Compute-Optimized VMs offer a greater than 40% performance improvement compared to current GCP VMs.” Bart Sano, VP of Platforms, Google Cloud. Learn more.
2. From Google Cloud’s CPU platforms page: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/cpu-platforms: C2 instance all-core turbo CPU frequency is 3.8 GHz, with the lowest first generation N1 machine type base frequency being 2.0 GHz. Note, all-core
turbo not available for first generation N1 instances. Improvement from 2.0GHz to 3.8GHz = 90%.
3. “The new general-purpose machine types (N2) offer greater than 20% price-performance improvement...compared with first generation N1 machines.” Hanan Yousef, Product Manager of Compute Engine, Google Cloud. Learn more.
4. “The new general-purpose machine types (N2) offer greater than 20% price-performance improvement for many workloads and support up to 25% more memory per vCPU compared with first generation N1 machines.”
- Hanan Yousef, Product Manager, GCE. Learn more.
5. “With double the FLOPS per clock cycle compared to previous-generation Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2), Intel® AVX-512, [built into 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors] boosts performance and throughput for the most
demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, data compression, visualization, and digital content creation.” Learn more.
6. “Preemptible VMs are up to 80% cheaper than regular instances.” Google Cloud Blog, Preemptible Virtual Machines. https://cloud.google.com/preemptible-vms/