EFI Driver Execution Environment Core Interface Spec v0.91
This specification defines the core code and services that are required for an implementation of the Driver Execution Environment (DXE) phase of the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (hereafter referred to as the "Framework").
This DXE Core Interface Specification (CIS) does the following:
• Descr...ibes the basic components of the DXE phase
• Provides code definitions for services and functions that are architecturally required by the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification
• Presents a set of backward-compatible extensions to the EFI 1.10 Specification
• Describes the machine preparation that is required for subsequent phases of firmware execution
See Organization of the DXE CIS for more information.
This document is intended for the following readers:
• IHVs and OEMs who will be implementing DXE drivers that are stored in firmware volumes.
• BIOS developers, either those who create general-purpose BIOS and other firmware products or those who modify these products for use in Intel® architecture–based products.
Read the full EFI Driver Execution Environment Core Interface Spec.