What is needed for Intel® WiDi to support Intel® Insider™, protected Blu-ray and DVD content, and 5.1 surround sound?
- A laptop with a 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor that has Intel® WiDi pre-loaded.
- A 2nd generation TV adapter for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi). If a Netgear brand adapter is used, confirm that it is model PTV2000. All other brands such as Belkin, Buffalo, D-Link, IO Data, are enabled from introduction.
- Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.22 or newer
- Intel WiDi software version 2.1 or newer.
Follow these steps to check your system for HD Graphics driver and Intel WiDi software versions
- Open the Intel Driver Utility for Intel WiDi.
- Click Check your system for the latest updates.
- A User Account Control message box displays from Verified Publisher: Husdawg, LLC. Click Yes.
- Click the + buttons to expand information and update drivers and software as needed.
- After installation completes, restart your laptop.
- Launch the Intel WiDi application and connect to your TV adapter.
- If prompted, accept the adapter firmware update.
The ready for connection screen should display on the TV.
Update your media player
In order to support Blu-ray and DVD movie playback, you might need to update the version of your preferred media player. Intel confirms that the retail versions of these players support Blu-ray and DVD movie playback through Intel Wireless Display: Microsoft Windows Media Player*, Windows Media Center Edition*, Cyberlink PowerDVD*, Corel WinDVD*, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater*.
Install the Intel WiDi Widget
This step is optional, but recommended. The Intel WiDi Widget allows you to easily connect to your TV adapter, and with a single-click, send your display content to your TV. Using the Intel WiDi Widget frees up your laptop for you to check e-mail, surf the web, or queue up the next video.
||This software is for systems that originally sold with Intel WiDi software. All graphic driver and WiDi software updates must be done before installing the Intel WiDi Widget software.|
- Download Intel Widi Widget for Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- On the next page, click download.
- Accept the end-user license agreement.
- Select save and download the Intel WiDi Widget file to your laptop.
- Double-click on Intel WiDi Widget installation file.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Before using the Intel WiDi Widget, open the Intel WiDi application.
- Click Properties. Select Adapter tab, and select the check box next to Automatically connect to this adapter. This step needs to be done only once, at installation.
- Close the Intel WiDi application.
||If you have trouble installing this way, right-click on the Intel WiDi Widget installation file. Select Run as Administrator, and accept the User Access Control notification to install.|
How to Use the WiDi Widget
This applies to: