After you have entered the information under Client Settings using the SpringPort application, the Status utility can be used to check battery power, signal strength and which access point your have connected to. You can also obtain the MAC address, software version of the SWE, and TCP/IP information.
- Tap the SpringPort icon from the Visor screen then tap Status
- The Service Connection Progress screen will appear. If an "Error: Serial: (0x0302) shows in the screen, check your Client Settings. This message does not indicate there is something wrong with the SWE
- On the Status screen the access point you are associated with appears on the "Network:" line. This may not indicate network login, see line 5
- The strength of the SWE and Visor batteries are shown on separate lines. If either of these is showing below half, it is recommended you replace the batteries on the Visor, Deluxe or Platinum, or recharge the Prism or Edge through the cradle. Running out of power can cause the Visor module to hard reset
- The signal strength indicates the quality of the signal between the access point and the SWE.
- Tap Advanced Status and IP Information to see if you have obtained an IP address, and what Gateway, DHCP Server and DNS information was obtained (does not apply for Static IP). The SWE MAC address is also shown here. Tap "Back."
- Tap "Advanced Status" and "Software Information" for card and system software information.
This applies to: