The Access Point (AP) Manager software reports that the Xircom® Wireless Ethernet Access Point 1100 Series (APWE) is offline, although the APWE is installed correctly. AP Manager software will report that the Access Point in question is offline when the IP address of an APWE has become invalid or unknown. This may happen when the DHCP server has assigned it a different IP address or there is an IP address conflict. To resolve this problem, use the AP Manager software to search for the APWE.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the AP Manager:
Start > Programs > Xircom Access Point Manager > AP Manager
- In the AP Manager, click File and select Build From Network.
- In the Build From Network Wizard, click Next. The wizard will automatically search for the APWE. When it is found, the IP and MAC address of the APWE will be shown.
- If it was not found, click Rescan Network to search again.
- If you know the IP address of the APWE, you can add it manually by selecting the Add Manually button. Enter the IP address and the MAC address on the back of the APWE.
- Click Next to continue through the wizard. For more information on the SSID, channel selections and other items, consult the Help section for the AP Manager:
Help > Help Topics
This applies to: