The Administrator Tool is used to configure Pre-logon/Common profiles, and Persistent Connection profiles. The Tool can be used by an Information Technology department to configure user settings and to create custom install packages to export to other systems.
The Administrator Tool is located on the Tools menu. The Administrator Tool must be selected during a Custom installation of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility or the feature is not displayed.
Accessing the Administrator Tool
Complete the following steps to access the Administrator tool:
- Click Start > All Programs > Intel® PROSet Wireless > WiFi Connection Utility.
- Click Tools > Administrator Tool from the main window.
You will be prompted for a password the first time this tool is launched.
- Enter a password of your choice and enter it again to confirm.
- Choose one of the following:
- Create a Windows XP* package (in Windows 7* - Create a new package)
- Open an existing package
- Configure the package.
| Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows XP *, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*
This applies to: