The Intel® WiFi HotSpot Assistant is a feature that is automatically installed with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 15.6.0 or later. This feature connects your PC to free Wi-Fi hotspots, which are part of the DeviceScape Easy WiFi* network.
The first time you connect to a free hotspot, that is part of the Easy WiFi network, it will prompt you to accept the terms and conditions in order to connect. After the first connection your PC automatically connects to hotspots that are part of the Easy WiFi network.
The Intel® WiFi HotSpot Assistant relies on Easy WiFi network which includes many major free hotspot locations. Some of these locations can ask you to provide additional information or agree to their terms and conditions. You can search for these free Wi-Fi networks at easywifi.
How to enable and disable the hotspot feature:
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel > Network and Internet.
- Click Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Tools.
- Go to Intel WiFi Hotspot Assistant section and click Settings.
- Select the check box to enable the Hotspot feature or clear the check box to disable this feature.
- Select the check box to enable the auto connect feature or clear the check box to disable this feature.
This applies to: