For all adapters, use the Intel® Driver Update Utility. The utility recognizes your adapter and automatically installs the wireless driver and software.
The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads page will direct you to the driver and software files for manual updates.
For Windows 8.1* software and drivers are available for the following adapters at launch. Support for additional adapters will be available by the end of 2013.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
- Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
The following adapters are not supported on Windows 8*:
- Intel® WiFi Link 5100
- Intel® WiFi Link 5300
- Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 5150
- Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 5350
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
The Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN have an inbox Windows 8* driver. Intel Customer Support does not support the use of Windows 8 with these adapters. You may want to ask questions about these adapters on our Community Forum.