Microsoft Windows* operating system will display a Blue Screen known as a General Protection Fault.
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
- Select and download the latest device drivers through the Intel download center.
- Select the appropriate adapter link and then click Download Software under Software and Drivers. You are prompted to choose an operating system.
- Continue as directed and then download the latest driver-only package. (You can automatically detect the appropriate download by using the Intel® Driver Update Utility.)
- Extract these drivers to your computer using WinZip* or a similar tool.
- Double-click the executable file. This executable file will automatically install the latest drivers.
- Reboot computer to make certain the installation process completes properly.
||To automatically install the updated drivers, you can upgrade to, or install, the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Network Connection Software package.|
- If you choose not to install the latest drivers, a workaround is to disable WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia*) on newer access points (AP) possessing this feature. Specifically relevant to Cisco* Aironet APs, also disable Aironet IE.
- The following workaround is applicable only to enterprise environments using Cisco Lightweight Access Points (LWAP) in a WLAN Controller environment.
Disable management frame protection (MFP) globally on the Wireless LAN Controller (WLC):
(controller) » config wps mfp disable
MFP can also be enabled/disabled on a per-WLAN basis with:
(controller) » config wlan mfp protection disable <WLAN id>
||Cisco recommends upgrading to the latest Intel drivers or Intel PROSet/Wireless software package instead of using these workarounds.|
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
No workarounds or solutions exist for the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection.
Older Intel wireless adapter drivers are not compatible with many newer Access Points.
This applies to: