Tasks performed by Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Administrator Tool:
- Create customized password protected install packages for easy configuration, management and deployment of wireless clients.
- Create user specific, common, Single Sign On (SSO) support with pre-logon and persistent connection profiles to provide advanced, secure wireless connections.
- Create packages customized to include configurable application settings, adapter settings and EAP-FAST A-ID Groups.
Steps to create Administrator Profile:
||See screen shots showing a sample IT Admin installation, profile creation and connection status below the following steps.|
Under Application settings tab, user can specify which application settings will be enabled on the user's computer.
Under Adapter settings tab, user can specify/include values for each of the adapter settings.
Under EAP-FAST A-ID group tab, user can provision PAC (Protected Access Credentials) if needed.
Click on CLOSE after setting the required configuration.
User will be prompted with a window (Administrator Tool) which asks the following:
- Run AutoRun.exe or setup.exe.
- Select Custom Setup.
- Select the following features and their sub features to be installed on the system
- Intel Wi-Fi adapter driver.
- Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software.
- Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility.
- Administrator Tool kit.
- Wait for the installation to be complete - click Finish.
- Open Intel PROSet application (double click the PROSet icon on task bar).
- Under Tools, click on Administrator Tool.
- When using the administrator tool for the first time, user will be prompted for a new password creation to access the tool.
- Enter password and click OK.
||This password cannot be recovered by any means except by reinstalling PROSet. IT personnel must be able to remember this password.|
- User will enter Open Administrator Package window.
- Click on create new package - say OK.
- User will enter Administrator Tool - New Package window.
- Here user will see tabs for the following: Profiles, Application settings, Adapter settings, EAP-FAST A-ID Groups.
- Under Profiles tab, user should see sub sections for the following - Persistent, Pre-logon/Common, Exclude, VoIP.
- Click on ADD to add a profile.
- Under Profile, create the SSID as well as the security settings as needed.
- Here user can select if the profile is going to be Persistent/Pre-logon.
||Not all security features are allowed in persistent or in pre-logon connections.|
A window pops up saying that the file (EXE) has been saved and also gives a checkbox option if the user wants to allow the package to be applied on the machine. Click on the checkbox if the package needs to be applied to the machine now.
Once the profile is complete, under PROSet utility main window - click on PROFILES, user should see the Admin Profile which was set up (Quick note: Admin Profiles are denoted by a pin symbol beside them).
Click on Connect to connect to the profile.
User should connect successfully.
- The current package is changed. Would user like to save the changes?
- Click on YES.
- Save in the directory as needed as an EXE (executable) file.
Example screen shots: Screen shots showing a sample IT Admin profile and the connection status.
- User can see the network name/IP address information on the main utility window.
| Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows XP *, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*
This applies to: