Once an Administrator Tool profile has been created, it cannot be deleted. To remove an Admin profile, a new package with the same name with no profile must be created. Once executed on the client system, it removes the Admin profile.
- Open the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection utility.
- Open Advanced > Administrator Tool and enter your password.
- Select Create a Windows XP* package (do not open it).
- Select the Application Settings tab and uncheck Include Application Settings in this package.
- Click Close and then Yes.
- Save the package with the same name as the profile you want to delete and select click Yes.
||Best to save on the desktop.|
- Select Finished and select Apply this package to this computer and OK.
Delete the profile once it has been tested to work.
||In some cases or for testing purposes a pre-logon or persistent profile may have been created with the administrator tool. The above steps will then remove it from the profile list.|
| Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows XP *, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*
This applies to: