How to uninstall program features of Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software
||If you are an enterprise customer, contact your Network Administrator for assistance. Do not uninstall program features as they may be required for enterprise network access.|
Features that can be uninstalled:
- Administrator Toolkit.
- WMI Support.
- Single Sign On.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Intel® Wireless Troubleshooter.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software.
- Click Change.
- The next message displays: Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software. Click Next.
- Click Modify. Then click Next.
- Click the arrow next to the feature currently installed that you want to uninstall. If there is more than one feature to uninstall you will need to do this for each feature.
- Click on X This feature will not be available.
- Click Next.
- The uninstall may take several minutes. When the process completes, the message InstallShield Wizard Completed displays. Click Finish.
- You may be asked to reboot the computer. If so, you should reboot your computer now. Click Yes to do so, or No to reboot later.
||Some features may not be available in all versions of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.|
Example: Uninstalling the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) program feature:
- Follow the first 4 steps above.
- Click the arrow next to Wi-Fi Protected Setup to open the drop down menu.
- Click on X This feature will not be available. This will uninstall the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature.
- Follow steps 7 through 9 above to complete the uninstall of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature.
| Windows 7 *, Windows XP *
This applies to: