Before upgrading to Windows 7*
If you have the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility installed, take these steps before upgrading to Windows 7.
- Save your Wi-Fi profile information on a USB flash drive or similar device.
- Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility if it is on your system.
- Upgrade your system from Windows Vista* to Windows 7. Windows 7 automatically installs the in-box driver.
- Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility. If you are using WiMAX, you need to install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Connection Utility.
After upgrading to Windows 7
- Download and install Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility 13.x.x (version 13.1.1 or newer is recommended).
- Create your Wi-Fi profiles.
- If you have an Intel® WiMax adapter, the driver is included with Windows 7 as an in-box driver. This means it is automatically installed when you upgrade to Windows 7.
- Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) is integrated into the installation of Intel® PROSet for Wireless beginning with version 13.2. If you have an earlier version of Intel® MWT, see How to install Intel® My WiFi Technology.
The Windows in-box driver replaces the current driver. It is strongly recommended that you upgrade your driver after installing Windows 7.
| Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*
This applies to: