You can connect to a wireless network through automatic connection.
To start Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, use one of the following methods:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Tools.
- Right-click the Taskbar icon located in the lower right corner of your Windows* Desktop select Network and Sharing Center and click on Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Tools under the See also subsection.
If an existing profile matches an available network, you are automatically connected
to that wireless network.
Configuring Windows Vista* WLAN AutoConfig
||Windows Vista WLAN AutoConfig is equivalent to XPs Wireless Zero Configuration.|
- Click Start > Control Panel
- Switch to Classic View and select Administrative Tools
- Double-click Services
- Search for WLAN AutoConfig on the list by scrolling down and double-click to view the properties.
- Change the Startup Type to Automatic then click the Start button to initiate the service and click OK.
- Go to File menu and select Exit to close the Services window.
| Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista 32*
This applies to: