Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) enabled laptops, that are connected to the Internet, can share Internet connectivity with other Wi-Fi devices. The devices must be accepted by the user in the Intel® MWT software.
||Intel® My WiFi Dashboard has replaced Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) software. The Intel My WiFi Dashboard creates a personal area network (PAN) using wireless technology based on the Wi-Fi Alliance Wi-Fi Direct™ standard. The standard allows a user to set up a Wi-Fi Direct connection between devices. Learn more here.|
||Firewall software may prevent pass-through of Internet connectivity to devices. Refer to firewall software vendor settings for allowing port settings for wireless devices.|
||Intel® My WiFi Technology is supported only on the Windows 7* operating system with driver versions 13.1.1 and newer.|
To share Internet connection from the laptop:
Intel® My WiFi Utility
Open Intel My WiFi Utility. Internet connection sharing must be enabled for the personal area network profile. This can be performed by:
- Selecting Profiles... from the Intel® MWT Utility.
- Selecting to Edit... the desired profile.
- Select the Sharing tab in the Profile Setting window, and Disable Filter Network Traffic.
- Click OK to save the change.
Next select the Internet connection to share using the operating system.
Setting up Internet Connection Sharing ICS (Default view, not Classic view):
- From the Start menu select Control Panel.
- Select View network status and tasks from the Control Panel.
- Select Manage network connections from the Task menu on the left side navigation menu.
- Right click the Network connection that is being used by the laptop to connect to the Internet. For example, if the laptop is connected to the internet via a wireless network connection, select it. If the laptop is connected via a network cable, select local area connection.
- In the options window for that card select Properties.
- Select the Sharing tab.
- Click (check) Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection.
- In the same window, under Home Networking Connection, select Intel My WiFi PAN. Click OK.
- Read the message (When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set...) and click OK. Devices connected to your laptop via Intel® My WiFi Technology now have access to the Internet (or whatever network you shared).
| Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*
This applies to: