The easiest way to create a new profile is to connect to the wireless network using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. When you successfully connect to a network using this software, a profile is saved and used to access the network the next time you are within range.
This method of creating a new profile works well if the network does not have security enabled, or if security is enabled, you know the passcode to access the secure network.
||Enabling security is best done through your router's software. See the router manufacturer's documentation for details.|
An alternative method of creating a profile is to use the Profile option in the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Wi-Fi Connection Utility:
- Open Intel PROSet/Wireless Software by:
- Selecting Start > Programs > Intel PROSet Wireless. or
- Double-clicking the Taskbar icon .
- Select a network in the Wi-Fi Network area.
- Click Profiles.
The Profile window opens.
- Click Add.
The Create Wi-Fi Profile window opens.
Enter the following information:
Profile Name: This is your name for this network. It can be anything that helps you identify the network. For example: My Home Network.
Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID): The best way to find your network name is use your router's configuration tool. See the router's documentations for help on finding the network name.
Select operating mode.
You may or may not have this option.
Network (Infrastructure) - Use this option when you need to connect to network and the internet.
Device to Device (Ad Hoc) - Use this option when you need to connect two or more computers. You will not be able connect to the internet with this option.
- Click Next.
The Security Settings attempts to detect the network settings of this network.
- Select the security that matches your network security. Personal Security is set by default and works for most home networks. See Personal Security in the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software User Guide for more details.
- Enter password, if required, and click Next.
- Click OK to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Connect to your wireless network using Intel PROSet/Wireless Software
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software User Guide
This applies to: