The "Problem applying Profile" error appears when trying to connect to a wireless network using an EAP-FAST profile created with Intel® PROSet/Wireless network connection 10.x Software. This error applies only to wireless adapters that do not support Cisco* CCXv4 extensions. These adapters are the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection.
The error is displayed in an error message window and listed in the Wireless Event Viewer.
Configure the Intel® Wireless Event Viewer
The Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection do not support Cisco* CCXv4 extensions.
To stop the error message, disable the EAP-FAST Enhancements (CCXv4) option in the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility Wireless Profile Properties configuration window.
- Click Start > All Programs > Intel PROSet Wireless > WiFi Connection Utility.
- In the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility main window, select the profile name and click Profiles....
- Select your EAP-FAST profile and select Properties....
- Click Security Settings in the left window pane.
- Select Disable EAP-FAST Enhancements (CCXv4) in the Wireless Profile Properties configuration window. Continue the EAP-FAST configuration process.
- Click OK to finish.
This applies to: