After upgrading the firmware in a Cisco Aironet* Access Pointáto version 12.3(8)JA, a STOP message (fatal system error) occurs in Microsoft Windows* on computers that are connected wirelessly to the Access Point. This error has been reported on computers using the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection with older driver software versions. This error does not occur with recent versions of the driver software.
||A STOP message is a Microsoft Windows* debug mode that appears on a screen with a blue background and is popularly known as a "Blue Screen of Death" or "BSOD."|
A combination ofáthree things is known to cause this error. Alláthree of the following must be true for the error described on this page to occur.
- Cisco Aironet* access point running firmware version 12.3(8)JA
- The .11 phone command is configured on the access point
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection with version 8.x driver software
This issue can be resolved by upgrading your Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection software. Contact your OEM for updated software. Generic software downloads are available at Intel® Wireless drivers, software, and installation.
If upgrading the Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection software is not practical, one of the following workaround solutions may be used:
- Downgrade the Cisco Aironet* Access Point firmware to version 12.3(7)JA2
- Disable the .11 phone command: no .11 phone.
This applies to: