Where can I find Linux* support for Intel WiFi and WiMAX adapters?
Intel supports installation issues on kernels 2.6.8 or greater only. Contact Intel customer support at supportmail.intel.com. Chat and phone support is not available.
The development site is available at Linux* Wireless for the following products:
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 105
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 135
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 100
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
- Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
- Intel® WiFi Link 1000
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi Link 5150
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350
- Intel® WiFi Link 5300
- Intel® WiFi Link 5100
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
For the following products, the development site is available at SourceForge.
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
For the following product, the development site is available at SourceForge.
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
Development work continues on the driver through the open source project. Driver source code and firmware binaries are provided for download. The development drivers are intended to provide the Linux* developer community an opportunity to improve and provide feedback for the driver. Intel has assigned a public maintainer who works with the Linux community to incorporate feedback into the driver. Support for this driver is available through the open source project, specifically via mailing lists and forums. These drivers are intended for use by technical Linux developers.
Development support is only available from the open source web sites listed above by product. Please do not contact Intel customer support centers with questions about development drivers.
Frequently asked questions
This applies to: