Note: These defaults are Intel general defaults. Before resetting the power options, check with the system manufacturer for specific instructions on setting power options.
Complete the following steps in Microsoft* Windows* XP Media Center Edition to reset the Intel® Quick Resume Technology Driver (QRTD) defaults.
- Select Start | Control Panel | Power Options.
The Power Options Properties window is displayed.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby options check box.
- Set the following Power buttons options:
When I press the power button on my computer: Do nothing
When I press the sleep button on my computer: Do nothing
Note: When using the Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition remote control, the power button on the remote control is controlled by the sleep button option on this properties page.
If these options are not selected, you will not have access to the Quick Resume mode from the power button.
- Select the Away tab.
- Verify the Enable Away mode is selected in the Away Mode area.
If this option is not selected, the power buttons default to the behavior set on the Advanced tab.
- Verify the Return the computer from Away mode on mouse or keyboard activity is selected in the Options area.
If this is not selected, you can only turn on the Intel Viiv technology-based PC by pressing the power button on the system or remote control. The keyboard, remote, and mouse will not turn the system on.
- Select OK to save the changes.
| Windows XP Media Center Edition*
This applies to: