Typically, the Intel® Quick Resume Technology Driver (QRTD) is installed by the system manufacturer. Check with your manufacturer before installing this driver to verify if a customized driver is available.
Note: The following steps apply only to the driver provided by Intel.
To install Intel QRTD, complete the following steps:
- Download and run Intel QRTD.
The installation wizard walks you through installing the Intel QRTD.
When the setup is complete, a restart request is displayed.
- Select Yes. Intel QRTD will not take effect until the system is restarted. The installation process is complete.
If you receive the following error when installing the Intel QRTD, it is possible that the driver is not enabled in the BIOS.
Complete the following steps to enable the driver in the BIOS:
- In the BIOS, verify that the Intel QRTD is enabled.The Intel QRTD setting is located under the Power settings in the BIOS. If this is disabled, enable the setting.
- Verify that the Wake on LAN from S5 is set to Power on.
If this is not set, set the LAN from S5 to Power on.
- Exit the BIOS and save the changes.
The system restarts.
Now, try re-installing the driver.
| Windows XP Media Center Edition*
This applies to: