Before contacting Intel, review the following troubleshooting tips, and gather the required product information.
Check the troubleshooting tips for Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD).
Determine the warranty provider
If the troubleshooting results indicate that your SSD is defective, check to see that your SSD is still under warranty. If you purchased your computer with the SSD installed, the original equipment manufacturer should be contacted first. To obtain warranty information, refer to warranty FAQ.
If you are not sure who to contact, locate the Serial Number (ISN Number) and Stocking ID Part Number (SA number). These two numbers can be found on the SSD barcode label.
Next, contact Intel customer support. Intel can help you to identify the proper source for getting warranty support.
Before you call
If your SSD is still under warranty, make sure you have the following information available for the customer support agent:
- The serial number and stocking ID part number for the SSD.
- Complete description of the symptoms or problem.
- Computer manufacturer and model number.
- Troubleshooting steps you have already performed. Customer support might recommend additional steps before processing a warranty request.
- Be prepared to provide proof-of-purchase information.
||Intel® Solid-State Drives with physical damage from external causes are not accepted. Intel reserves the right to:
- Return the product to the customer at company expense with a letter of explanation.
- Send a letter of explanation to the customer, explaining they are responsible for freight charges if they want the product returned.
This applies to: