There is no need to register Intel® Solid-State Drives (Intel® SSDs).
Before contacting Intel for warranty support, gather the following information:
- Description of the symptoms or problem
- Troubleshooting steps you have taken
- Proof-of-purchase information (if available)
- The serial number, SA number, and model number of the Intel® SSD
Intel customer support options:
Live Chat/Phone Support
Online forum - Intel Support Community
- To view your warranty, see Intel® Solid-State Drive Limited Warranties.
- Make a backup copy, and erase the contents on your Intel SSD, before returning it for warranty or replacement.
- Only return the Intel® SSD, do not return any accessories.
Use the Intel® SSD Toolbox to identify your Intel SSD information
If you have the Intel SSD Toolbox installed, you can use it to identify your SSD serial number, SA number, and model number.
Manually identify your Intel® SSD information
To manually identify these numbers, look at the label on your Intel SSD. Here are some visual examples, based on different types of Intel Solid-State Drives.
Common errors to avoid when recording your Intel product markings
Do not use secure serial number printed on the product packaging for warranty replacement.
Serial numbers include both upper-case letters and numbers. It is easy to mistake a number for a letter. If you cannot read your Intel serial number, contact Intel customer support.
This applies to: