Issue/Question: System encounters frequent freezing and hanging due to slow write speed performance. If Crystal mark is used to measure the performance it only derived around 4 MB/s write performance.
To improve the write speed performance, ensure the following settings below are configured:
Disable Microsoft Disk Defragmenter Tool*
To check Microsoft Disk Defragmenter Tool follow the steps below:
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Accessories
- Click System Tools.
- Then click Disk Defragmenter.
To Disable Windows 7* Indexing, follow the steps below:
- Click start then enter services.msc into the search field
- Search through the list until you find Windows Search
||pressing “W” and it will go to all services starting with the letter W|
- Double-click on Windows Search
- Select startup type: Disabled from the dropdown field. Stop the service.
To Disable Windows 7 Superfetch, follow the steps below:
- Load the Services window by typing services.msc in Start Search.
- Locate the SuperFetch key.
- Double-click the SuperFetch key and it will open the Properties dialog window.
- Disable it by changing the dropdown to Disabled.
- Stop superfetching by clicking the Stop button.
Enable Write Caching
To Enable Windows 7 Write Caching, follow the steps below:
- Click Start, right-click Computer and then select Properties.
- In the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Expand Disk Drives and right-click on the disk where you need to enable or disable Disk Write Caching and click properties.
- Click the Policies tab and check Enable Write Caching on the device to enable (default).
This applies to: