Register the Intel® Anti-Theft Service (the Service) to activate the capabilities and download the software to your laptop.
To register the Intel® Anti-Theft Service (the Service), complete the four-step registration form. Before you begin, you will need:
- Internet connection
- Valid email address
- Laptop with Intel® Anti-Theft Technology enabled. (Register using the laptop you want to use the Service on.)
1. Setting up Your Account
Complete the form at ATservice.intel.com to setup your account. A few things to consider as you complete this step:
- Activation Code is found on the Activation Card. If you do not have an activation code, refer to the place of purchase or the system manufacturer.
- The e-mail address is used for communications with the Service.
- The password must be at least eight characters in length and a mix of numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Select two security questions to be used to confirm your identity in future visits to this site.
- An e-mail is sent to your e-mail account with a code you need in the next step.
||If you stop the registration process after initially setting up your account, you can restart it by logging in with your e-mail address and password.|
2. Verify your e-mail address
Verify your e-mail address by entering the six-digit code the Intel® Anti-Theft Service account server sent to the e-mail address you provided in step one - Setting up Your Account.
3. Configuring Your Laptop
Complete the field on the screen to configure your laptop for the lockdown function.
Things to consider:
- The Timer-based lock range is 3 - 30 days. If you have not logged into the Internet after the number of days you specify, your laptop will automatically go into lockdown. Once in lockdown mode, the laptop cannot be used until you enter the Unlock Password.
- The maximum phone number and e-mail address is 50 characters and only allows ASCII characters (that is, 0 - 9, a to z, and A to Z). Any information that you enter in this field is visible to someone who has stolen your laptop.
4. Download and Install the PC software
Complete the instructions on the screen to download and install the software.
When the install is completed, a summary screen displays listing important information that applies to your account. We recommend that you print this screen and keep it in a safe location. It includes password details, the original Activation Code (if applicable), your unlock password, and other details that are essential for using the features of the Service.
What is Anti-Theft Service?
This applies to: