The Intel® Anti-Theft Service (the Service) lets you lock down your laptop if it is lost or stolen so that no one can use it. It also allows you to create an encrypted folder (known as Secure Data Vault) on your laptop where you can store private files.
The following steps help you enable the Service
To register the Service, you need to complete the four-step registration form. To do this, you need:
- Internet connection
- Valid e-mail address
- Laptop with Intel® Anti-Theft Technology enabled. (Register using the laptop you want to use the Service on.)
To activate the service, you must:
- Register your laptop into the Service.
- Create a Secure Data Vault container
The following instruction guides you through each step:
||In certain locations, the Secure Data Vault feature is currently not available.|
Step 1 - Register your laptop into the service.
- Go to ATservice.intel.com
- Click New users, register now.
- Enter the information to setup your account.
- Enter the six-digit code in the e-mail that was sent by the Service.
- Enter the information to configure your laptop.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
|Your laptop is not protected until you enroll it into the Service.|
Step 2 - Create Secure Data Vault container.
- Click Windows* Start.
- Click Secure Data Vault.
- Create a new Secure Data Vault password and container.
- Move files into the container and the program will automatically encrypt the files.
This applies to: