When troubleshooting Internet connectivity on the Intel® Hybrid Cloud Server, one area to check is the validity of the systems DNS.
Some common errors in the software log can relate to the following:
- Web portal being unreachable.
- Unable to download a software appliance.
To temporarily use an external DNS IP address:
- Launch the Intel® Hybrid Cloud server manager.
- Go to Configuration tab.
- Click Network Settings.
- On the Remote Network Interface section, look for the DNS entry.
- Replace the DNS IP with a public DNS IP. Refer to Google's* article on what DNS IP can be used.
- Click Update to continue.
- If using DHCP, temporarily switch to a static IP and reconfigure DNS using a public IP.
After changing the DNS IP, recheck the Internet connectivity of the Intel Hybrid Cloud server.
This applies to: