The Intel® Hybrid Cloud Server can issue a software log of "VMLC Agent service not responding inside a Microsoft* Windows appliance."
A similar message can display under the Application tab indicating an issue with the VMLC agent.
||The VMLC agent is required to function to report accurate usage data back to Intel.|
To resolve this error message, use the system account "NT Authority" for the VMLC service, and follow these steps:
||If you are using a 3.0 software build, do a patch update via the web management portal to get it to 3.1.2. This patch must be done before making changes to the vmlc service account using the steps below.|
- Start the Microsoft* Windows appliance > Console tab.
- Click Launch.
- Log in as Admin in the Microsoft Windows appliance.
- Select Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right click vmlcagent, select Properties.
- Click Log On tab.
- Enter NT Authority\System in the This account field. The password fields are not required.
- Click OK to continue.
- Stop and then Start the service.
||Do not choose the Restart button.|
Troubleshooting Usage Reporting Issues
Important Network Port Forwarding Information
This applies to: