LGA2011 socket compatibility
These following processors are compatible with the LGA2011 socket. They are backward and forward compatible if the board manufacturer provided a BIOS update with the processor microcode updates. Check with your board manufacturer to see if your board is compatible with the processor you intend to use.
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-39xx Processor Extreme Edition
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3930K and i7-3820K Processors
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4930K and i7-4820K Processors
||These processors are not compatible with the LGA2011V3 socket.|
LGA2011V3 socket compatibility
The following processors will work in the LGA2011V3 socket.
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor Extreme Edition
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Processor
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor
||These processors are not compatible with the LGA2011 socket.|
To find out more about board and processor compatibility, go to the Intel® Desktop Compatibility Tool.
This applies to: