To reseat the processor fan pushpins, remove the fan and reinstall it as shown below.
- Remove the fan connector from the fan header.
- Turn the pushpins with a flat bladed screwdriver anticlockwise 90 degrees to release them.
- Pull up the push pins.
- Remove the fan.
- Turn the pushpins clockwise 90 degrees to reset them.
- Reinsert the fan and locate the pushpins.
- Press the pushpins in the order shown to secure them.
- Plug the fan connector from the fan header.
How to apply Thermal Interface Material (TIM)
LGA1155 / LGA1156 Processor and Fan-heatsink integration video
Intel® Desktop Processor support resources
This applies to: