End of interactive support
Intel® is announcing the end of interactive support for the Pentium® II Xeon® processors. See the End of Interactive Support Announcement for details.
This document is an update to the specifications contained in the Pentium® II Xeon® Processor at 400MHz datasheet (Order Number 243770-001). This document is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers of applications, operating systems, or tools. It contains specification changes, S-specs, errata, specification clarifications, and documentation changes. The Pentium® II Xeon® processor may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
This location contains the most current Specification Update. The revision number is indicated by the last two digits in its 'pdf' file name. Specification Updates are revised only as changes occur.
- Specification Changes are modifications to the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- S-Specs are exceptions to the published specifications, and apply only to the units assembled under the S-spec.
- Errata are design defects or errors. Errata may cause the Pentium® II Xeon® processor's behavior to deviate from published specifications. Hardware and software designed to be used with any given stepping must assume that all errata documented for that stepping are present on all devices.
- Specification Clarifications describe a specification in greater detail or further highlight a specification's impact to a complex design situation. These clarifications will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- Documentation Changes include typos, errors, or omissions from the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
The Specification Update should be publicly available following the last shipment date for a period of time equal to the specific product's warranty period. Hardcopy Specification Updates will be available for one (1) year following End of Life(EOL). Web access will be available for three (3) years following EOL.
Product Specification [PDF]
Size: 289963 bytes
Date: January 2002
Note: PDF Files require Adobe Acrobat* Reader*
This applies to: