Intel® Pentium® II Processor specification update
This document is an update to the specifications contained in the Pentium® II Processor Developer's Manuals (Order Number 243502-001). This document is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers of applications, operating systems, or tools. It contains specification changes, S-specs, errata, specification clarifications, and documentation changes. The Pentium® II processor may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
- Specification Changes are modifications to the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- S-Specs are exceptions to the published specifications, and apply only to the units assembled under the S-spec.
- Errata are design defects or errors. Errata may cause the Pentium® II processor's behavior to deviate from published specifications. Hardware and software designed to be used with any given stepping must assume that all errata documented for that stepping are present on all devices.
- Specification Clarifications describe a specification in greater detail or further highlight a specification's impact to a complex design situation. These clarifications will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- Documentation Changes include typos, errors, or omissions from the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
This location contains the most current Specification Update. The revision number is indicated by the last two digits in its 'pdf' file name. Specification Updates are revised only as changes occur.
Size: 641 KB
Date: July 2002
Note: PDF Files require Adobe Acrobat* Reader*
This applies to: