Intel® Core™2 Duo processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution – Improves performance and efficiency as each core can complete up to four full instructions simultaneously using an efficient 14-stage pipeline.
- Intel® Smart Memory Access – Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
- Intel® Advanced Smart Cache – Includes a shared L2 cache or memory reservoir to reduce power by minimizing memory "traffic" yet increases performance by allowing one core to utilize the entire cache when the other core is idle. Only Intel provides this capability in all segments.
- Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost – Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
- Intel® 64 Technology – This enhancement to Intel's 32-bit architecture supports 64-bit computing, including enabling the processor to access larger amounts of memory.
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Dynamic Power Coordination – Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
- Intel® Dynamic Bus Parking – Enables platform power savings and improved battery life by allowing the chipset to power down with the processor in low-frequency mode.
- Enhanced Intel® Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing – Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
For more information about Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processors please refer to the following:
Links to frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
This applies to: