This document applies to the EtherExpress 16, 16TP, 16C, FLASH, FLASH TP, FLASHC, MCA, and MCA/TP adapters.
The current version of the EtherExpress 16 LAN Adapter Novell NetWare* Client 32 driver, file E16CL32.EXE, is available through Intel's www at http://support.intel.com.
Before You Start:
- You must configure and test the EtherExpress 16 adapter with SOFTSET.EXE. Boot the workstation with DOS, and then insert the EtherExpress 16 LAN Adapter Configuration and Driver disk into drive A. From DOS, type:
- Select AUTOMATIC SETUP to let SOFTSET configure the EtherExpress adapter to work in your computer, or select MANUAL SETUP if you want to designate which interrupt and I/O address you want the EtherExpress 16 adapter to use.
- Select RUN DIAGNOSTICS from the main menu to test the configuration you have selected.
Hints and Tips:
- From the Novell NetWare* Client 32 software, run INSTALL.EXE.
- Select the NetWare Client 32 products you want to install from the on your workstation from the list:
[X] NetWare Client 32 for DOS
[X] NetWare Client 32 for Windows
[ ] NetWare TCP/IP protocol stack
[ ] NetWare IP (TCP/IP Required)
[ ] Desktop SNMP
[ ] HOSTMIB for SNMP (SNMP Required)
[ ] NetWare TSA for SMS
NOTE: "NetWare Client 32 for DOS" and "NetWare Client 32 for
Windows" are usually selected by default.
- From the Customize Support for Windows menu, specify if you want to use multiple country codes or if you want to set the shared Windows path. The default for both of these is NO.
- From the Select LAN Driver Type menu, select 32-bit LAN drivers.
- From the 32-Bit Network Board Drivers menu, select USER SPECIFIED 32 BIT DRIVER.
- From the Insert Driver Disk window, specify the driver path to the EtherExpress 16 LAN driver EXP16.LAN. Then select the Intel EtherExpress ISA Family from the 32-Bit Network Board Drivers window.
- Specify the settings for the Intel EtherExpress LAN adapter:
Base I/O Port
Frame Type selections
Ethernet 802.2 & 802.3
only used with IBM PS/2 MCA
- From the Installation Configuration Summary, verify the default settings for Client 32 are correct, or modify as necessary.
|LAN driver type:
||32-bit LAN drivers|
||Intel EtherExpress 16 LAN Adapter Net|
- Novell* Client 32 will now copy the files to your workstations and modify the configuration files to match your selected configuration.
- Check for a LASTDRIVE statement in the CONFIG.SYS file. You must have LASTDRIVE=Z in config.sys when using Novell's Client 32.
- Verify that you have FIRST NETWORK DRIVE = F in the NET.CFG file under the NetWare DOS Requester section.
NOTE: NET.CFG is position sensitive, so be careful to indent lines with one space or one tab as shown example below.
- Verify that the EtherExpress adapter passes the diagnostics test by running SOFTSET.EXE on the EtherExpress 16 adapter driver disk. If the adapter fails diagnostics it will not function correctly running Client 32.
Below are sample files from a Novell* NetWare Client 32 workstation with a EtherExpress adapter installed using the default installation:
LOAD C:\NOVELL\CLIENT32\EXP16.LAN PORT=300 FRAME=ETHERNET_802.2
LOAD C:\NOVELL\CLIENT32\EXP16.LAN PORT=300 FRAME=ETHERNET_802.3
NetWare DOS Requester
FIRST NETWORK DRIVE F
NETWARE PROTOCOL NDS BIND
This applies to: