What is Xircom® RealView™ PC Card Management?
RealView is a Xircom software utility that allows users to manage, get status information, and configure Xircom® RealPort Integrated PC Cards and PC Cards. RealView is targeted at the Information Services Manager that needs to efficiently manage and support hundreds or thousands of PC Cards. Individuals that frequently need to customize Xircom PC Card settings, such as world travelers who access information in multiple countries may also use it.
RealView Key features and benefits include the following:
- It provides general status information about Xircom PC Cards.
- RealView makes it easier to configure, manage, troubleshoot and update Xircom PC Cards.
- RealView can be easily configured for use by one or many users. RealView default settings and features can be changed, or even disabled, depending on the needs of the individual or IS user.
RealView key functions
RealView has six key functions. Each function is represented by a tab. Switching between functions is accomplished by clicking on the respective tabs.
The six functions of RealView are:
- General Displays summary information about Xircom PC Cards, including LAN driver version, modem firmware version and wireless capability
- CountrySelect™ Changes the country setting for Xircom® GlobalACCESS modems
- Modem Activity Stores modem activity information in a log file; great for troubleshooting
- Flash Updates the modem firmware in Xircom modems with a single mouse click
- Uninstall uninstalls Xircom PC Cards
- Properties Changes the properties of RealView
RealView is highly customizable. It is designed to meet the needs of IS departments that support hundreds or thousands of laptop users with Xircom PC Cards installed. IS departments can easily change the default configuration settings for RealView and deploy those to thousands of users. This includes modifying RealView file locations, setting default directories for modem firmware and log files and changing the appearance of RealView. IS departments can even turn features off if they don't want their users to have access to them.
The Xircom® RealView utility is available on our Download Center site.
This applies to: